CDS 1 2019 notification is published by the UPSC on 31st Oct 2018, CDSE also called Combined Defence Services Examination is a written exam conducted by UPSC two times every year. Through this exam males can join the Indian army, navy and airforce and females can join the Indian army as an officer. Any candidate who is studying in the final year or completed his/her graduation can apply for this exam. In this article, we are going to provide some details which will help you to understand CDS exam and how it is conducted.
Military Academies You Can Join Through CDS Exam
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) (Army) – Only for male
- Indian Air Force Academy (AFA) – Only for male
- Indian Naval Academy (INA) – Only for male
- Officers Training Academy Chennai (OTA) (Army) – For both male and female
CDS Exam Syllabus
- PAPER – 1: ENGLISH: – For IMA, AFA, OTA, NA
- PAPER – 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: – For IMA, AFA, OTA, NA
- PAPER – 3: ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS: For IMA, AFA, NA
|Subjects||Time||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||120||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100||100|
- Army (IMA/OTA) – The candidate must have a graduate degree from a recognized university
- Navy – The candidate must have B.tech and B.E. degree
- Airforce – The candidate must either have a graduate degree in Physics and Maths in 10+2 or must have a B. Tech and B.E degree.
Note: Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For IMA : Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible.
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For OTA : Male candidates (unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible. Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan 2001
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For AFA : 20 to 24 Years as on 1st Jan , 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 02 Jan 1996 and not later than 01 Jan 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02 Jan 1994 and not later than 01 Jan 2000) only are eligible. Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Age Limit For NA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible.
CDS Exam and SSB Interview Procedure
- Candidates need to apply successfully for the CDS exam on UPSC official website. Online applications are open from 31st Oct till 26th Nov 2018.
- Written exam will be conducted by the UPSC on 03 February 2019. The exam is in offline mode on OMR sheets.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- The result of written exam will be declared in 2-3 months by UPSC.
- Successful candidates will get the SSB interview call letter based on their preference from IMA, OTA, AFA, and NA.
- Candidates who clear the SSB interview will face the medical examination.
- Successful candidates will get the joining instructions based on the order in the merit list.
CDS Exam Success Ratio