Current Affairs September 2018 questions and notes PDF For CDS 2 2018, CDS 1 2019, NDA 1 2019, NDA 2 2019, AFCAT 1 2019, AFCAT 2 2019 and SSB Interview 2018 – 2019. Download the current affairs questions with answers and current affairs ebook for September 2018 with around 1300 questions and detailed answers. Download the best current affairs books from ssbcrack shop. Current Affairs ebook PDF covering all the latest current affairs in September 2018 happened around India and the World. The Capsule includes Awards & Recognitions, Science & Technology, Sports related updates, Indian and International Affairs, and Environment related news. Current Affairs PDF will definitely help those who are preparing for competitive exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, UPSC, SSC, Railways, Postal, State level exams and all kinds of Bank exams (IBPS, SBI, RRB, RBI, Defence & Intelligence).
01 September 2018
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi appointed as the next Chief Justice of India. He will take charge as the next Chief Justice of India on October 3.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the India Post Payments Bank or IPPB in New Delhi which is the largest payments bank in the country by network size.
- According to a report by HDFC Bank, the economic growth is expected to rise to 7.6 percent in the April-June quarter of 2018-19.
- The merger of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular has been completed. This has created India’s largest telecom operator with over 400 million subscribers.
- The 4th BIMSTEC summit successfully concluded with Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli handing over the chairmanship of the grouping to Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
02 September 2018
- Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated today in India.
- The 18th Asian Games ended with a closing glittering ceremony in Jakarta. China topped the medals table with 132 Golds. India ended their Asian Games campaign with a total of 69 medals, including 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals.
- Women’s hockey team captain Rani Rampal has been named India’s flag-bearer for the closing ceremony of the Asian Games 2018.
03 September 2018
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, released the book ‘Moving On, Moving Forward – A Year in Office’ to mark one year in office of Vice President Venkaiah Naidu. He also presented the first copy of the book to the Vice President of India. The book was written by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu to mark his one year in office.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi is set to take over as the new Chief Justice of India on October 3, 2018. His name has been recommended for the post by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra to the government.
04 September 2018
- An anti-money laundering memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between India and Cyprus will help to boost investment cross-flows between the two countries.
- The Indian skipper Virat Kohli retained his number one spot in the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) Test batsmen rankings with a career-high 937 rating points, despite the defeat in the fourth Test against England.
- England great Alastair Cook announced retirement from international cricket after the end ongoing home series against India.
05 September 2018
- Teachers’ Day is celebrated today in the memory of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan and to honor the contribution made by teachers to the society.
- International Day of Charity 2018 observed globally.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Arif Alvi elected as the President of Pakistan.
06 September 2018
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that we should salute the constitution-framers for giving us a constitution that strengthened parliamentary democracy and stood the test of times, even as it evolved through several amendments
- A researcher at Shizuoka University, a Japanese team, has developed a space elevator, a miniature version on satellites. The first trial of the miniature version of the apparatus and monitoring equipment on satellites will be conducted in the month of September.
07 September 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s first Global Mobility Summit “MOVE” in New Delhi.
- India’s Hriday Hazarika won gold in men’s 10m air rifle at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Championships.
08 September 2018
- The 52nd International Literacy Day is celebrated today across the World.
- Alibaba’s co-founder and executive chairman Jack Ma retire from the e-commerce company.
09 September 2018
- Naomi Osaka became the first Japanese to win a Grand Slam singles title after defeating Serena Williams by 6-2, 6-4 in the US Open final.
10 September 2018
- Novak Djokovic beat Juan Martin del Potro in the US Open final by 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 and win his 14th Grand Slam title.
- Alastair Cook becomes the fifth player to score centuries in both the debut and final Tests, after Australians Reggie Duff, Bill Ponsford, Greg Chappell and India’s Mohammed Azharuddin. He scored a century in the second innings in his final Test against India. Cook’s Test career began with a fifty in the first innings followed by a century at Nagpur in 2006, also against India.
- Ayushman Bharat call centre has been formally inaugurated in Bengaluru by CEO of Ayushman Bharat Dr. Indu Bhushan.
11 September 2018
- Over 50 people, including four children have died in a bus accident in Telangana’s Jagtiyal district.
- Samsung India opens world’s largest mobile experience centre in Bengaluru.
- Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completes first-ever aerial refuelling trail.
- India lost the five matches Test series against England by 4-1.
13 September 2018
- The President has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the 46th Chief Justice of India. Justice Gogoi will assume office from October 3. He is the first Chief Justice of India from Assam.
14 September 2018
- National Hindi Divas (Hindi Day) observed across India to promote Hindi as Matra Bhasha (mother tongue) of India.
15 September 2018
- Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya set a new marathon world record in Berlin after smashing the previous best as he clocked 2hr 1min 40sec.
- Japan’s Kento Momota defeated Khosit Phetpradab 21-14, 21-11 in the final to capture the Japan Open badminton title. Carolina Marin retained her Japan Open women’s singles title by beating Nozomi Okuhara 21-19, 17-21, 21-11.6 September 2018
16 September 2018
- In a bid to understand Earth’s ice sheets, glaciers, sea ice, snow cover and permafrost, NASA successfully launched its Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite-2, or ICESat-2. The satellite with a three-year mission was launched with liftoff aboard a Delta II rocket from Space Launch Complex-2 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
17 September 2018
- As announced by Union Government, three state-run banks of India – Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and Bank of Baroda will be merged to create the third-largest bank in the country.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) C42 carrying two earth observation satellites for the United Kingdom.
18 September 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the construction of a friendship pipeline project through video conferencing. The 130-kilometre India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline Project will connect Siliguri in West Bengal in India and Parbatipur in Dinajpur district of Bangladesh.
- The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced at the Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California, United States. Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel became the first streaming series to win top Emmy comedy honors. HBO’s Game of Thrones wins the award for Outstanding Drama Series.
20 September 2018
- Prime Minister Shinzo Abe won a ruling party leadership vote, setting him on track to become Japan’s longest-serving premier.
- The National Sports Awards 2018 were officialy announced. Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli and weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu will receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award- India’s highest sports honour. 20 sports persons are named in the Arjuna Award including CWG and Asiad gold medalist javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, Asiad double medalist sprinter Hima Das and Indian batswoman Smriti Mandhana. Dronacharya Award given to 8 Outstanding Coaches in Sports and Games this year.
- Jharkhand spinner Shahbaz Nadeem entered the record books after breaking a two-decade-old world record for best bowling figures in List A cricket, with an astonishing haul of 8/10 against Rajasthan in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. The previous best bowling effort was also in the name of an Indian in Delhi left-arm spinner Rahul Sanghvi, who achieved figures of 8/15 against Himachal Pradesh in a match in the 1997-98 seasons.
- Belgium and France become first joint leaders in FIFA Rankings history.
22 September 2018
- National Award-winning Assamese film Village Rockstars is this year’s official Oscar entry from India.
23 September 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme – the Ayushman Bharat in Ranchi, which would benefit 50 crore Indians. Under the scheme, a health cover of Rs 5 lakh would be given to each beneficiary family per year.
- Director Kalpana Lajmi passed away at the age of 64 in Mumbai.
24 September 2018
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Sikkim’s first airport name Pakyong airport. This is also the 100th airport in the country.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail has become the second largest metro rail network in the country after New Delhi after the opening of this 16 km stretch from the Ameerpet metro interchange station towards L.B.Nagar in the city suburb.
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih elected as the next President of Maldives.
- Nepal becomes the first country in the world to double its tiger population as part of the World Wildlife Foundation’s (WWF) ‘Tx2’ programme.
25 September 2018
- President Ram Nath Kovind on September 25, 2018 conferred the National Sports Awards 2018 at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi.
26 September 2018
- The five-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court upheld most of the provisions of the Aadhaar Act by 4:1 majority while hearing the petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar.
- The Supreme Court of India allowed live streaming and video recording of court proceedings across the country.
- The Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric is crowned as FIFA’s best player of the year. France’s World Cup-winning coach Didier Deschamps won the best coach of the year prize. Brazil’s Marta was crowned best women’s player for a record sixth time for her role in winning the Copa America.
27 September 2018
- World Tourism Day is celebrated today.
- The UN Environment jointly awarded PM Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron in the Policy Leadership category for their efforts regarding the creation of the International Solar Alliance.
28 September 2018
- Supreme court today through a judgment ending a ban that prevented women and girls between 10 and 50 years from entering in Kerala’s renowned Sabarimala temple.
29 September 2018
- The Indonesian city of Palu on Sulawesi Island was hit by a major earthquake and tsunami, as the death toll rose to 384 people.
- Parakram Parv is being celebrated across the country to celebrate the second anniversary of Indian Army’s surgical strikes on Pakistan.
- Publisher of The Hindu Group of Newspapers N. Ravi and Vijay Kumar Chopra, the chief editor of Punjab Kesari Group of newspapers, were unanimously elected Chairman and Vice Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
- India defeat Bangladesh by three wickets in Dubai to win the Asia Cup 2018.
- The 2018-19 session of the Indian Super League Football tournaments starts from today.
30 September 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Conference on Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Niwari will become the 52nd district of Madhya Pradesh and will effect from 1st October.
- India’s Deepika Kumari wins the bronze medal in the Archery World Cup Finals in Samsun.
- World’s first Lion cubs Victor and Isabel conceived artificially in South Africa.