If you are a male engineering graduate studying in the final year or completed your engineering studies, you might have the golden opportunity to join the Indian army as an officer through Technical Graduate Entry (TGC). We are going to explain the TGC entry, what is the eligibility, and how one can apply for the TGC Entry. This entry is very famous among the defence aspirants and if you are eligible for TGC you must apply for it.
TGC Entry for Engineering Graduates
- First of all why TCG entry is famous? This is one of the entries to join the Indian army where you get SSB call letter based on your aggregate percentage till 6th Sem. There is no written exam like NDA, CDS and AFCAT to get the SSB call letter. So, if you have done little hard work in your engineering, it is the time to utilize it.
- TGC entry is for the permanent commission and through this, you can join the Indian Military Academy.
- TGC entry is only for male engineering graduates.
- There are some eligible engineering branches and candidates from these branches are eligible to apply for TGC.
- The age limit for TGC 20 to 27 years.
- You can apply for TGC entry through join Indian army website and yes there is no fee.
- Candidates who apply for TGC successfully will be shortlisted based on their aggregate percentage till 6th Sem. TGC cut off is different for each branch.
- Only shortlisted candidates get the SSB interview call letter and face the 5 days SSB interview procedure.
Below are few details from the latest TGC 129 notification
|TGC 129 Important Details|
|TGC 129 Registration Date||30th Oct 2018|
|TGC 129 Closing Date||28th Nov 2018|
|TGC 129 Cut off marks||65%-75% (varies as per your branch)|
|TGC 129 SSB Dates||Jan – Feb 2019|
|TGC 129 Merit List||June 2019|
- TGC 129 Age Limit: – 20 to 27 years as on 01 July 2019. (Candidates born between 02 July 92 and 01 July 99, both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed the requisite Engineering Degree or be in the final year of Engineering Degree course. The candidates in the final year of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects, backlogs, etc prior to 01 July 2019 for TGC 129. They should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA/OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA/OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate.
- TGC 129 vacancies