Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in 2019 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College) the candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. They shall have to refund the bond money as per the bond executed in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
MNS Eligibility Conditions:
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality –Indian
- Date of Birth –Between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 2002 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification –Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory / Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
|Military Nursing Service Exam Important Date|
|Notification Date||12 Nov 2018|
|Last Date||30 Nov 2018|
|Admit Card Date||3rd Week of Dec 2018|
|Written Exam Date||Jan 2019|
|Personal Interview||April 2019|
Physical standards – Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army website www.joinindarmy.nic.in/www.indarmy.gov.in
Selection: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Jan 2019, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence. Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during April 2019. Final selection will be based on the combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admission to Colleges of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College.
Medical Examination: After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Written Examination Centres : Agra, Ambala, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jhansi, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala (Cannanore) , Pune and Wellington.
How to apply:
- Candidates may apply online and pay the application fee online only through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in which will be accessible soon.
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password. It is mandatory for the candidate to give one live contact mobile number for correspondence.
- Only the Eligible candidates will be able to pay the online application processing fee of Rs 150/- On successful completion of online payment a bank reference number (DU Number) will be generated for the future correspondence of the candidate.
No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates with regard to either the receipt of applications/ status of applications/ details or reasons of rejected applications. Roll numbers of eligible candidates called for written test will be uploaded in www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.